Welcome to Culpeper Kids Dentistry!
I'm Dr. Alvin Amante and it's truly an honor and privilege to be serving the communities of Culpeper and the surrounding areas. As a Board Certified Pediatric Dentist, I specialize in the dental care of infants, children and adolescents. I look forward to building respectful relationships with parents, guardians and the community, because I know it takes a village to keep ours kids smiling healthy.
Our goal is to establish a 'pediatric dental home' that is state of the art, accessible, comprehensive and family friendly. I am passionate about doing the best that we can to contribute to the overall health and well-being of our kids. We believe that healthy kids and healthy smiles go hand in hand.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PATIENTS
COVID -19 UPDATE! WE WILL BE RE-OPENING ON TUESDAY, MAY 13TH!
Dear Culpeper Kids Dentistry Families,
We hope all of you are keeping well and staying healthy during this unprecedented time. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and while many things have changed, one thing has remained: our commitment to your safety.
Our team has been eagerly preparing to welcome you back to our practice with added health and safety precautions:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, any COVID-19 symptoms such as sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, runny nose, loss of smell or taste, please call ahead to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. We will take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer as well.
- We ask that you wear a cloth mask or a face covering while in our office. Due to the lack of PPE supplies, we may not be able to provide it to you so please bring your own.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We hope that you understand and we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Stay well and with our warmest regards,
Dr. Amante and Team
Meet the Doctor
Alvin Amante, DMD
Dr. Amante is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, and a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. He completed a two-year pediatric dentistry residency program in 2010 at the University of Rochester Eastman Institute for Oral Health in New York. After his training, he served as a faculty of Community Dentistry at the University of Rochester and was the Director for the Smile Mobile dental program that provided dental care for inner city school children. In 2012, Dr. Amante and his family moved to northern Virginia where he joined a private practice as an associate pediatric dentist. In 2016, he was recognized as a Top Pediatric Dentist by Northern Virginia Magazine.
Dr. Amante earned his Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry degree from the University of the Philippines in 1993. He served as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Dentistry for four years before moving to the United States in 1998 for further post-graduate training. He completed two years of residency training in Advanced Education in General Dentistry from the University of Rochester Eastman Institute for Oral Health and practiced as a general dentist for eight years in Seattle, WA.
Professional Affiliations: American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, American Dental Association, Virginia Dental Associtiation, Northern Virginia Dental Society Read More!